Differences in poo/urine from chin to chin

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starrynight0621

I was wondering if anyone with multiple chins notices any significant differences in their poo or urine.

My girl Lucy creates a huge amount of both, and her urine smells extremely strong.

Orville used to create the same amount as Lucy, but his urine did not have a strong odor.

My boy Wally makes very small poops. They have little to no odor. He also only pees once or twice a day due to low water intake.

Are these differences normal?

My boys have different sized poo, Rufus' are tiny and Zoid's are a bit bigger, but they are consistent. They also drink different amounts of water, Zoid drinks much more than Rufus and he also pees much more. Neither their poo or pee has any noticeable odors. Dale our new chin seems to drink less, and I haven't compared poo yet, but they all get the exact same food and treats and chew sticks.

My girl Lucy creates a huge amount of both, and her urine smells extremely strong.
This is usually the sign of a female that is pregnant or has had babies. I don't know why but they pee way more after their first litter.

There are a few that just pee a lot, but it's not as common. Each chin will have different droppings and urination habits. :))

I have a male that is perfectly healthy. He drinks a lot of water, up to 8 oz a day, and he pees a lot. It is just the way he is. I worry about him if he slows down on drinking and peeing since that would be abnormal for him.

Latest posts

Back