Difference in Temps

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bostongirl'sChin75

Stephanie: Zoo Poo Gal!
I have 4 chins and up until today, I have been keeping them all in my bedroom, where I have a window unit that keeps my room around 68 degrees and nice and cool for them. I had to move them in there in July, when our central AC went out and before we got a new unit installed.
I say, up until today, because I have noticed that 2 of my chins were not quite as active as they used to be, when they were out in the dining room. They still run around and hop at play time and are eating, drinking and peeing and pooping normally and act like chinchillas, so I know they are not sick or anything. And they have been acting this way since I moved them, so it's not a new behavior.
So tonight while I was cleaning out cages and everything I decided to move those two back out to the dining room where they were originally and they seem much happier. Where as they used to spend most of their time in their respective tubes and hidey houses or the bottom levels of their cage, they are now out on their top levels and ledges, looking at everyone passing by and hopping around and chattering like mad.

My question is this: Does anyone else have chins that like it a few degrees warmer than your other chins? And should I leave them where they are since they seem happier or put them back where it's cooler? ( my room is 68 degrees and the dining room is 72 degrees )

72 degrees is still safe, so if they do well out there then let them stay put.

I agree. If they are doing fine and show no signs of overheating, then leave them where they are. Maybe they just like to be where all the people are.

Latest posts

Back