Difference between Violet and Blue Diamond Chinchillas?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sailor_Orbit

Moon Cosmic Power Make up
I was wondering does anyone have any pictures of blue diamond and violet chinchillas side by side? Also does anyone have any white sapphire picture next to blue diamond and violet. Is there a significant difference in color between violet and blue diamond? Or they pretty much look like a warm or cool grey? Either way, would love to see comparison pictures.

There are many different shades of both colors and from what I have seen with pics it is hard to tell the difference, but that may be just my computer! In person it is not as hard to tell the difference the blue diamonds are more of a powder blue than the lavender color to the violets.

This thread has a picture of two newborn BDs and a violet side by side. They're absolutely gorgeous, and I don't know how their color changes as they age, but it shows a clear comparison and they're just so pretty.

Oh it seems one of them is a dark (African?) violet. Godins chins definitely has a more bluish tint from the photos but you never know about monitors and stuff. Any light violet and blue diamond comparison images?

If you go to my home page and scroll down to the bottom, I have several pictures of BD's, saps, white sap and violets. If you click on the small pics they will enlarge. A BD has a smooth, solid colored, matte look like a violet only lighter and more of a light grey blue hue and the violets have more of a lavender grey hue. The saps have a "flecked look" of different light blue grey colors like the standards do only the standards are flecked with light grey, medium grey and dark grey. It's harder to describe than I thought!

There are many different shades of both colors and from what I have seen with pics it is hard to tell the difference, but that may be just my computer! In person it is not as hard to tell the difference the blue diamonds are more of a powder blue than the lavender color to the violets.

Ditto,

The color difference is astounding - I've been able to see it on my computer if a photo is well lit. Side by side there is no mistaking one for the other.

Back