Diarrhea?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vic_vee

My chin, a make named Mo-Mo, has begun having mushy poo. Also it seems slimey? From what I have researched, I have come to the conclusion its diarreah. Though I am struggling with what has caused it. I don't feed him treats, so that can't be the cause. Though I have read it can be a change in environment that can cause diarrhea? Recently I made him a wheel which meets the requirements for a chinchilla. He doesn't know how to use it though and stays away from it. Could this be the source of why he is having diarrhea? Also, I have been giving him burnt toast, though I'm unsure how often I'm supposed to give it to him.

I would show a picture, though I am unable to do that now since I am on a phone. Though I can say there is a sticky residue on his poo, which is like a brownish color. Hopefully this can help you figure out what is causing this?

Thank you to anyone who helps my case :)

The mucous (slime) tells me it may be a infection, whether its bacterial or parasitic is up to a vet to decide. If the poo has a odor that also indicates infection. If the poo is hollow or looks like swiss cheese then that would indicate possible parasitic infection like giardia.

You'll need to take him and a stool sample for the vet for a diagnosis and antibiotics if it's an infection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back