Depressed Chinchilla?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chromo_short

I have about a one year old male and about a 5 month old male. They have been introduced properly and are in the same cage now. Well, they were doing fine up until about a week ago when there was constant fighting, so I moved the younger one into a separate cage where he runs in his wheel and seems to have fun. I moved them back together for a few days now and have yet to see him run in the wheel, or hardly even come out of his hiding spot. He constantly just sits in the corner and sometimes just hangs his head out of the hideout which makes him seem some-what sickly and depressed. I'm not sure what to do, I want them to be together but he seems so much happier alone.

You will end up with dead chins eventually, get a cage like a ferret nation that can be split in half, you have one cage still with two chins, just not together.

It sounds like you have a dominant chin, and a very submissive one. You don't want to wake up one day to an injured or worse deceased chin. I am with the others to let them be happy alone.

Definitely separate them before a tragedy occurs!!!

They'll both be safer and happier alone as long as you give them each enough love and attention!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back