Dehumidifier

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kylelemler

This one goes out to all you dehumidifier users!!! Is there a dehumidifier you would suggest and works well? Or on the flip side, is there a dehumidifier that you would NOT suggest? I'm in the market for one myself.

I only use a dehumidifier in the summer. Year round our basement temps range between 65-69 degrees. In the summer the humidity can get as high as 55-60%. Three years ago I bought a SoleusAir SG-DEH-70-2 dehumidifier and I have absolutely no complaints about this unit, it worked perfectly for our open floor plan finished basement. BUT I recently found out that Soleus has issued a stop sale on quite a few of their models including the one that I have so I cannot recommend it. I'm currently in the market myself to replace it even though there is nothing wrong with it, I cannot take a chance on it.

I HAVE BEEN CUSSING MY DEHUMIDIFIER!!! I have thrown 2 away and my current one was just revived from the dead and is heading back towards that direction and it is barely 3 years old... It is a GE. All I can say is get the protection plan...I never buy those things but when I get the next dehumidifier I am going to have to... From what I have been seeing none of them have a very long lifespan... From what I have heard the older ones seem to have been made better... I am hoping since it is getting towards the end of summer maybe there might be some on clearance somewhere...

Last edited:
If you're buying one used, stay away from Comfort-Aire and Goldstar -- those were recalled due to causing house fires. I'm currently looking for a second one and it seems everyone is getting rid of those brands... but I wouldn't want to take the chance on it starting a fire with all the animals.

I have no idea what brand we have! Lol. You'd think after all these years I'd know!

I just got a GE from Sams club, I love it! It has a continuous setting and shuts down when the bucket is full. It also can be hooked into a drain if you have one, would be handy, but we don't.

I have bought an LG 40pint 12 years ago, use it from sprint to fall full time in the basement. Only down side now is it makes a little noise, but nothing a handyman like yourself cannot tend to.

I also have a Whirlpool Gold Energysaver. 3 years now and is perfect, runs full time and is doing well.

So no complaints from my side.

Back