decorating failure

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteTree

So I got my wonderful new hayholders from Tabitha the other day and I saw a picture on the FN club thread where someone had stenciled flowers onto their wood shelves using food dye and stencils. I was at the craft store and saw wilton has spray food dye and I found stencils. So I tried to stencil their names on the side of their respective hay holder in the color of the fleece liners in each other their cages. Well it didn't turn out horrible but I'm not satisfied with my stenciling skills. I'm now debating spraying the whole hay holder with the food dye to make it a solid color lol. Either that or place the side I attempted on each of them towards the back and pretend it isn't there lol.

What who else has attempted something decorating-wise in their chin's cage and realized too late that you shouldn't have done it?

I haven't done it to items like hayholders but in teaching myself to sew fleece goodies I have made many a mess. I was attempting to do a house once and it turned out like a davy crocket racccoon shaped hat.....

Yeah my cuddle cup looks like a colorful cowpatty, but sweet little Cherie likes to crawl on it none the less...

I have made wood items that were horrible (too heavy, lopsided, just ugly) as well as making my fair share of sewing mistakes. My rats get all my sewing rejects!!
It all takes practice and sometimes I still mess up! :laughitup:

I wonder if you could just sand off the mistake and try again? It took me a long time (and many reject items) before I came up with fleece items that were of good quality. Practice makes perfect. :)

Latest posts

Back