Dandelion Drop Treats

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuji9991

My girlfriend wants to treat our chinchilla to something special but I am worried about how chin safe these treats are. Can I get some opinions on these as a treat for safety?

1y1u2w.jpg

51vyih.jpg

2zji0yg.jpg

None of those "drop" treats are safe!
Maybe get some crushed rose hips? A lot of online vendors carry them, my chin loves those!

Cool my girlfreind is new to chinchillas. She currently only gets weat squares and rose hips so I put the breaks on the drops they are going back to the store

Wow I didn't realize how big those pictures came out, sorry.

I wouldn't give those to a chin, or any of the 'yogurt drop' type treats. They've all got sugar in them, and over here usually some sort of sugary glazing agent as well to make them shiny and 'sweet like'. I don't know if you have them over there, but the Rosewood Naturals range have some great safe and healthy treats for chins, mine loves the green oat and dried dandelion. My rule of thumb for pet treats of any sort is if their colourful their not going to be very good for the pet. Colourful treats are aimed at looking appealing to the owner whose buying them, not the pet whose eating them and doesn't care less, and any company where the priority is profit first pets second is hardly going to put a great deal of care or thought into the suitability of their stuff.

Back