Daily Routines?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KaylaD

So I have been posting alot lately, so thank you all for your help!
So, I was wondering what some of your daily schedules for your chins are? Especially when/if you had just one chin? I know chins thrive in a routine-based life, but he seems to sleep and want quiet time ALOT!? He is 7months old, so Im not really sure if its normal? Or if he is maybe lonely/depressed? Im hoping establishing a routine will help. I know I have only had him for about a week, but he is not shy with me... I know he needs adjustment time also... I guess I am worried, after reading about chins getting depressed and dying out of no where. I def dont want that happening to my baby! So if you could give me examples of your routines, I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

My chins have their own room.

Morning: I check in on them sometime between 8 and 11. I feed my dental chin, check everybody's food bowls and pass out lots of scritches. They are usually asleep when I go in but wake up to visit.

Evening: As soon as it gets dark I start their playtimes and clean their cages. Each one gets an hour out of the cage with close personal attention. When playtime is over for them all, I feed my dental chin again, pass out treats and say good night. I'm usually in the room for 4 hours or more. Even at that, they each sleep till it is their turn to play. Lazy little buggers.

Relax- if you worry like this all the time, it'll take the fun out of having him!

He's a baby. Babies need sleep. On top of that, they sleep mostly during the day and are most active at early morning and evening. My chins sleep pretty much solid all through the day, waking up a few times to go to the bathroom or get a quick bite to eat.

He's not going to die due to being bored or lonely. When chins die unexpectedly and out of "no where" it is usually due to health causes or injury that the owner could have done nothing about.

I am a full time student and work two jobs. During the weekdays I check in on my chins in the mornings before work/school long enough to check water bottles, fill up food bowls/hay, and give a scritch or two if they're awake. They don't see me again until I get home in the evenings, which is usually late around 10 p.m.- once again I feed, pass out sticks, scritches, etc. They don't get playtime every day (maybe once a week) and they're all perfectly happy and healthy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back