Cute swing but is it safe to use?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cute swing .. but that is NOT good for guinea pigs !! I wish people would stop selling things like that for guinea pigs :(

wonder if you can make something like this for your chin that will be safe ... I am always the one that sees an item and than try to make it at home lol

i would not use this swing with my chins.

look at the way the chain is attached - right at an area that is easily chewed. within a day (or a half day if your chins are house beavers like mine), that area will be chewed right down and the chain will no longer be attached to the swing. swing will be hanging dangerously in the cage.

fir is safe as long as it is organic/kiln dried/doesn't have bark, from what i have read.

items from china are always questionable. many times when natural products (wood, etc) are brought in from other countries, it is mandatory to spray them with chemicals. not good for chins.

My brother in law is going to make me one of these swings for my chins. With chin safe wood. :) I can't wait to see my chins reactions. :)

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Back