cute "digging"

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelleideeaz1

Hey ya'll. My new baby boy is 2 months old and has been adjusting nicely to his new home. I got really lucky seeing that he uses his litter pan to pee in. Of course, there's poo's everywhere but that's fine. I also noticed that he'll start a "digging" motion randomly, similar to how a dog digs a hole, but much faster. Does anyone elses Chins do this? Is it their way of saying they'd like a dust bath? (I have bathed him regularly since getting him).

Be sure his skin doesn't get too dry from too many dust baths. :)

Mine does it too, even right after he got done with a bath. :)

I have a few that do this every time I clean cages. It's actually pretty frustrating. They have a nice clean cage, I take the time to vacuum around all of the cages, etc, and then they go and push all the clean bedding onto the floor! I think it's just an instinctual kind of thing. Or sometimes I wonder if they are trying to make a cold spot on the ground where they can lay so it isn't as warm.

My girl does it when she wants a bath. My boy does it constantly. He grabs on to the cage bars with his teeth and digs into the fleece with his back feet. He'll stretch out to his full length and keep repeating that. Drives me nuts sometimes.:hair:

Back