Custom Wire Panels

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sight

I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a place to order wire panels that make up cages similar to the Quality Cages are made out of? I would want them cut to specific sizes and then powder coated.

I have been thinking about making a monster cage with melamine sides and then a wire front and doors.

I believe Quality Cages will make just about anything they can! They're really nice people!

Quality cage would not make any changes to the cages when I asked before and as far as I know does not do custom work.

The Wings catalogue found at www.kwcages.com has wire panels and they do powder coating in various colors.

I am going to be starting to build my new cage using a Melamine rack. I'm replacing many of the melamine shelves with the KD Pine so that I can cut holes in them and not worry about the chin munching on the side of the whole.

With regards to the caging, this shelving is seriously about 1.5 feet deep by about 3 feet wide by about 6 or 6.5 feet tall. We are converting the melamine shelves we replace into back panels but we were needing caging for the other 3 sides. I saw one of the other members on here used wire shelving for their cage and we are going that same route.

My girlfriend's mother works at The Container Store and can get a 60% discount now through May on their Elfa Shelving:

http://www.containerstore.com/browse/Product.jhtml?CATID=77777&PRODID=60639

The stuff is powder-coated and has perfect spacing. Even if you can't find anyone that works at container store that can get you the 60% discount, there is a sale going on now where the shelving is 30% off. They can cut it into what ever sides you need and it may in fact be cheaper and more durable than going to the cage place.

Just another option. I hope this helps!

*EDIT*

P.S. Once we start building our cage we will post pictures throughout the process on how it goes. The main frame of the cage is chrome so we might be able to weld the Elfa shelving to the frame or else might just use U-hooks of some sort. We are getting the wood for the shelving today and probably will make our first cuts for holes, keep an eye out on the Chin Housing and Supplies section of the Forum tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back