crying at night??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zooky

so zooky has an FN and every night i hear him crying. it sounds like hes running on his wheel (silver surfer) and falling. im not sure because everytime i go and check hes laying down on one of his shelves acting normal. i guess the silver surfers running surface is slippery and a little small. is crying at night normal? if not how can i figure out what hes getting hurt on? and if its the wheel what can i do about it?

I have also heard one of my boys do the "crying" noise as well. Seems like it always happens at night and when I jump up to look, because I sleep right next to their cage, everything seems fine...sorry Im not answering your question but I was thinking about posting something about this noise as well.

He is calling to his herd (you). This is quite normal. He probably heard something that worries him and is letting you know.

Both of my boys do this, say if I take one of them In a new play area without his brother he has cried before. Or if my other boy hears the dog downstairs (rarely) he will cry. It seems of more of a "confusion" cry from what I pick up.

Kishi cries at night to, her cage is in my room so i usually just talk to her and let her know i'm there

Latest posts

Back