crumbling food

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leowyldemi

lately kishi has been leaving alot of crumbs in her bowl when she eats, is this a sign of a problem, she is acting fine otherwise, no drooling or mouth swiping(except when she dust baths) and still a little chew monster,do i need to get her checked? i ask because her vet is an hour from here and i don't like to keep her in the carrier that long too often, so i go for a yearly checkup and in case of emergencies.

Chins are just picky eaters. My girls do it all the time. Take a bite, decide that pellet is not up to par, toss it on the ground, etc...

I would not worry unless Kishi stops eating, pooping or chewing.

With malo, one symptom does not mean a problem, its when there are many symptoms together you boogie to the vet. Just a FYI, slow gradual weight loss is your very first symptom, its why its important to weigh them periodically or if you are worried.

I do have one boy who started randomly creating pellet crumbs and because of Tilly we immediately freaked out and took him in. There was absolutely nothing wrong, just a change in behavior pattern. I definitely learned just what Dawn said - one symptom doesnt mean malo

so ok then, whew, she had me worried there for a bit, she's acting completely normal otherwise, still chewing like crazy(she even chews in her sleep, does anyone else have a chin that does that?) still pooping like a machine and eating her hay down to the last stalk. if it's possibly behavioral, could she be bored with her food? she's fed oxbow (the chin formula in the red bag) maybe i should try to find her mazuri again?

Latest posts

Back