Critter nation & ferret nation what difference

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ferret nation cages are slightly bigger and have double door top and bottom. Critter nation cages have slightly weaker bars and have a single door top and bottom. Both are great cages.

the bar spacing on the critter nation is closer together. a critter nation is a better choice if you have a very small chinchilla or have kits. otherwise they are basically the same, more or less.

critter nations have double door both top and bottom, what your thinking of is the feisty ferret cage which looks like a ferret nation, but has a single door or each level.

see photos attached.

first photo is critter nation. the bars are mostly horizontal with a few vertical cross bars. bar spacing is 1/2 inch on this cage. the top and bottom sections both have double doors, opening the front of the cage wide up.

second photo is a ferret nation. the bars are mostly vertical with a few horizontal cross bars. bar spacing is 1 inch on this cage. the top and bottom sections both have double doors, opening the front of the cage wide up.

i believe the dimensions of the two cages are slightly different but the size difference between the two is miniscule.

Attachments

• 162_Midwest_Critter_Nation_Rat_Chinchilla_Pet_Cage.jpg
    162_Midwest_Critter_Nation_Rat_Chinchilla_Pet_Cage.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 1000460_142_A_400.jpg
    1000460_142_A_400.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 11
I have three critter nations, two FN 182s and two FN 142s. The only difference is the horizontal versus vertical bar spacing and the modular (no tools required) setup versus the screws in the 142/182. They are otherwise identical and all really awesome cages.

Thank u all off u. Especially Chinnymom, thank u for taking your time to explain this to me through pictures. Because knowing the difference helps a lot. I now know I bought the ferret nation cage, the name of the cage was off the cage. And the lady I bought from wasn't sure if it was FN.
Anyways love the cage got it in good condition. Now I join the FN club..:)

Latest posts

Back