Critter Nation Design Options

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cass C

Hello everyone!

I recently upgraded my feisty ferret cage to a critter nation with metal pans and am in love with it. It's a long story, but due to some shipping issues I am going to be receiving a second critter nation for free. Do you think the chinchillas would enjoy a triple tall cage or a double side by side more? For those who have done either or both, what are the pros and cons of each?

Cleaning a tall cage is a non-issue for me...

I have a triple CN for one spoiled chin and it is so tall! The only con is that I am short and cleaning it takes a ladder! The chin loves to go up and down.

I have a double side by side cage for my chins. Doing a three high cage wasn't an option for me due to the short ceilings in my basement. They seem to enjoy bounding across the width of the cage and I like that I don't have to worry about them falling from a third level. Downsides are that you have to make sure whatever you connect the cages with is chin safe and the cage doesn't move as easily with two connected side by side if you need to move it a lot. Also there ends up being a small space between the pans where the cage meets in the middle.

Back