Critical Care...How often?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Amber*

Just got the call from the vet...Good news is teeth look perfectly aligned but there's inflammation in the mouth. Could be tumor could be infection, not sure but she's putting him on antibiotics and Critical Care. Never used CC before so I need yall's advice on how to mix and how often to give. Jasper will only eat pellets no hay, nothing hard. Thanks in advance. Prayers Please...this is a Humane Society rescue and I am wanting to give the lil fella a second chance.

60 MLS of CC spread out through the day to maitain weight.
Or 100 MLS of CC spread out throughout the day to gain weight.

It also depends on how much he is eating on his own.

Mix it as directed and if he wont eat it like that you can start thinning it out. You can also add a touch of canned pumpkin or blackstrap molasses to add a little sweetness to entice him to eat if you need to.

Thanks y'all!! When I picked him up at vets office she said he did terrific on eating it without being forced. They have on the instructions 20 a day. Also on baytril and benebac. Lord I hope this works especially after what I just paid at the vets lol

Thank you for letting me know about Baytril!! He's doin so well with the meds, he just takes them with no problem (BeneBac, Baytril, Metcam, Critical Care) I pray its just infection and not tumor, poor fella

Back