Crazy stuff happens at night

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zie

Lol, I've been inactive for awhile. Life is crazy. Anyways...

A little over a week ago I was sitting in my bedroom, around 1:30 AM, all my windows open to let some air in, chatting on Skype with a friend.

I hear cars drive down my street at like 50 MPH all the time, especially at that time of night, but the road ends only a block or two away, which is wear the train tracks are, and you cannot cross them on this road.

Anyways, I heard a car speed up, and kept going, and thought to myself, "" He's going way to fast to stop in time. "" and sure enough, I heard a load crash. But after that, complete silence. No sirens, no people rushing out of their houses, no....nothing. I thought I was going pure crazy.

Then I read the newspaper a day or two ago and sure enough...a car hit the tracks, ramped over them, through the tree line (which now has a hole in it) and into someone's backyard on the other side.

Apparently the car also knocked the tracks out of allignment by 4-5 inches. A train even crossed them about three hours later, which is how the accident was discovered. The train's engineer discovered it, reported it, and yeah, they found a car.

By some miracle, the train didn't leave the tracks. Which would have been very bad, as the houses along the tracks are veeery very very close to the tracks. As in, less then 20 feet away.

If I hadn't've thought I was going crazy, I would have reported it. But my sister (who was also awake) didn't hear it, and neither did my friend who was on Skype. And my microphone picks up every sound, so either he wasn't paying attention, or my mic went funky for a second.

And the driver of the car wasn't drunk either, so I wonder why he did that. :/ Weird stuff.

Did the driver live? I think there should be a better barrier up, maybe those concrete slabs they have dividing the highway, or posts to stop any car. If a train derailed there could be a firey sp? explosion 200 feet across.

Driver walked away, left the scene, and later went to the hospital.

well, event at night, it's clearly obvious that the road ends and that there's train tracks at the end of the road.

If I can, I'll get a picture so you can see what I might and how the road looks.

But yeah, blocks of some sort need to be put in place.

I think I'd be calling the city, and fire dept. and explain just how easy a disaster could have happened! If no response, call the local T.V. station! Even the railroad!
A couple of sunken poles could avoid a nasty situation!

Well, here's the thing. At the end of my road, there is a T turn. But there's no sign or anything that signals that. Nor is there a sign signaling that there is a railroad there.

And, there is a crossing just one street over, and no one ever slows down over that crossing because it's a pretty smooth crossing.

I think he might have gotten which road he was on mixed up, because the paper said he had been in Freeburg for less than a year.

Latest posts

Back