Craigslist Ad.........

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eroomlorac

Poppy the mosaic squibbit
I want to smack someone upside the head.............HARD.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/pet/2024394772.html

In case it gets flagged and deleted, here's the actual ad. Mind you, this alligator is now in the Chicagoland area. Not easy to return it back to the wild. :hair:

Large American Alligator 4 1/2ft caught him/her on vacation, thought it would be a great pet. BUT IT IS NOT! I don't have the time and energy to train him. Free first come first serve. Text or Call ***-***-****

Last edited:
WOW! It's bad enough people are breeding them as pets and selling them all over but this guy caught a wild animal. Couldn't he be reported to the Fish and Wildlife people? Crazy.

Where I live, there is a company in the Toronto area that will deliver you a baby alligator. Again, crazy!

My mom told me that baby alligators were in pet stores in the 60's and 70's. Gee, didn't anyone think that once it's not a baby it's going to be HUGE and have a lot of teeth!?

wow..he caught a wild 4 1/2 foot alligator and thought it would be a good pet?? How incredibly stupid can you be??

wow..he caught a wild 4 1/2 foot alligator and thought it would be a good pet?? How incredibly stupid can you be??

EXACTLY!! Except I'd bet he caught it as a baby and now that it's 4.5 feet long he's got a little more alligator than he can handle. IDIOT! I swear, people can be so stupid. Did he think he'd be able to "train" this alligator and keep it as a nice, friendly, docile pet? :banghead::impatient:

I bet he thought he'd bond with it as a baby and it wouldn't want to eat him when it grew up...which never works with wild animals. Maybe CL reported him. Although this could mean death for this alligator. I don't think relocating goes well often.

And judging by it's size, that's not an adult either--it's still probably got a bit of growing to do.

wow, i mean when they're babies their kinda cute, but when they get older they are deadly. and WILD caught? thats just crazy. i hope he doesnt have a dog, the gator will eat it!

I bet he thought he'd bond with it as a baby and it wouldn't want to eat him when it grew up...which never works with wild animals. Maybe CL reported him. Although this could mean death for this alligator. I don't think relocating goes well often.

And judging by it's size, that's not an adult either--it's still probably got a bit of growing to do.

unless they can find a zoo or some such facility to take it in, yes it's probably going to be put down. After being fed by human for most of it's life it wouldn't know how to survive in the wild
:cry3:
people just don't understand or don't care sometimes

Latest posts

Back