Couple to a trio?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nonniemorris

Mummy to 3 mad chinnies!
Long story short, I had two boys in a ferret nation two tiered cage, but walked into a pet store one day and saw a really sad looking chin. He was being cared for very well at all, so I decided to buy him and split my cage into two incase he never got along with the boys.

Turned out, they never got on, and have been separate ever since.

But this morning I woke up, to them all mixed in the cage... which was a shock to say the least. They'd somehow chewed through a corner of the tray in a night and created havoc. I expected furr balls, blood... but found nothing, and all three chins in one piece.

So after sorting out the problem and putting them back in their own cages, I figured that maybe, they might be able to get along now? Since they were together 'happily' this morning.

This evening I started the process of introducing them again, and at the minute they're all together in the top tier... investigating, chasing each other a bit, but no aggression - as of yet.

I've noticed that my single boy's testicles have been very THERE the whole time.. is that him trying to state his dominance?

And really.. does this sound like there's hope them to one day be a happy trio?

Thanks (and sorry for the mini essay) :)

I separated them for night time, as I'm a really deep sleeper and if I fight broke out I'd definitely sleep through it haha.

But this morning I opened the cage up again and they've been together all morning... still looking good so far! :)

Back