Couple Questions About Bonding...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alatrye

I was wondering about how to tell if/when a Chinchilla is bonded with you. I was also wondering if gender matters to how a Chin will bond with humans. (Like if a Female Chin will bond more to the energy of a Man or a Male Chin to a Woman?) I.E. my fiance and I have a young, 4-month old Male Chinchilla who seems to Love Me; he'll come running to me when I get down on the floor, nibble my fingers quite often, climb all over me, even follow behind my feet when I'm walking away. As for my fiance, he seems a bit more timid... almost afraid of him; even though my fiance isn't trying to scare him or show any negative energy towards him. I'm working with my beloved and my Chin to help them bond, but are there any tips someone could give me to help my two handsome young men bond to each other?

Also, I would like to ask; When my little Ball of Fluff is running around for his playtime, I will often take his Oxbow pellets and feed them to him while he is on my lap <--- Is this a form of bonding? He eagerly accepts the food and devours each pellet and reaches to my hand for more. When he's full, he'll just drop it on the floor and continue on his way.

Right, so just as an update for my Fiancé and Chinchilla; the two of them seem to be getting their bond good and strong now! We both feed him his pellets as he's crawling all over us and he's also been Popcorning and Wall Surfing quite a bit. I'm still wondering if it helps the bonding process by feeding him his pellets from our hands?

Latest posts

Back