couple of questions.. chinchilla and water, and seizure once again...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evelyn

Last weekend, we went out of town. I put Gizmo at my friend's house. When I went to pick him up, I had to beat the storm that coming that way. However, I didn't really make it. It was already sprinkling when I was there so I did everything to make sure he didn't get wet during carrying him and his stuff to the car. Anyway, nothing happened. It just got me wondered. What is the deal with chins and water? I heard someone said they could die if they get wet. Is that true? I kinda guess they don't like water so much since they take DUST bath lol

Another thing is, my boy got seizure AGAIN today. It was ironic because I just talked to my bf yesterday that gizmo has been very healthy and he had not has seizure for a long time (You guys probably can tell since I haven't post a question for a while). Everything I feed him is the same. Oxbow hay and pellets. He hardly ever get treats, but if he does he get dried cranberries from forchinatechins or plain cheerios. He drinks a lot of water. Only thing different is that today I let him out in the playpen for almost an hour today so maybe he was tired (which was the same situation with last seizures). Is this sound right? Do your chinchilla do this when they are tired? Am I feeding him right? I'm sitting in the living room by his cage right now to watch him. Of course he recovered from seizure within 5 mins like last time. He has been sleeping and eating slowly since then. Is he gonna be ok?

The seizure could have been caused by the being out for an hour...that may be too long for him. I don't let my chinchillas out for an hour unless they escape from their cages..

As for the water they are not gremlins nothing bad will happen if they get wet LOL.

With the water issue, if the chin gets wet and the water gets down into their fur it could get mouldy if not properly dried. And no one wants a mouldy chin. SO its just best to not get them wet.

With the water issue, if the chin gets wet and the water gets down into their fur it could get mouldy if not properly dried. And no one wants a mouldy chin.

A chin will not get moldy from getting wet. A chin "might" develop fungus if it's not properly dried.

Latest posts

Back