Couple of "C" kits I'll be showing this year

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinsNdobermans

Humble Acres Chinchillas
Just wanted to share a couple of my "C" kits who will be staying here for show in 2014.

The first is a TOV violet/ebc male, born September 22, 2013. He is not very photogenic but his color is superb.

The second is my baby, a violet female born October 24, 2013. She looks just like a mini version of her mom, but lighter in color (which I prefer on a violet).

Attachments

• JanuaryGabe.jpg
    JanuaryGabe.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 95
  • JanuaryAnael.jpg
    JanuaryAnael.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 97
Ok being a newbie as far as showing, I have a quick question. Does "c" mean the gene locus? Being violet genetics?

OK Thanks. Does each ranch have its own letter it starts with each year? Or is there a reason its "D" this year?

These were my kits born in 2013 - so they are "C" kits according to the letter year assigned by the national organization.

My kits born since January 1 have been "D" kits.

The system is alphabetical, with each year being a different letter (skipping some letters as determined by the national organization) and restarting after "Z" back to "A".

Hope that helps! :)

Updated photos of (in order):

MHAC C2 "Anael" (Anna) born 10/24/13

MHAC C5 "Cassiel" born 11/27/13

MHAC C1 "Gabriel" born 9/22/13

I absolutely love how Anna and Cas are turning out; Gabriel lacks size and neck but his color is phenomenal. We will see how he turns out.

Attachments

• AnnaMarch.jpg
    AnnaMarch.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 12
  • CassielMarch.jpg
    CassielMarch.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 13
  • GabeMarch.jpg
    GabeMarch.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 12
Thanks - I don't think I'm showing these guys at Nationals, but definitely at the PA show in May... they're prepped so they could go to Nationals but idk if I want to show them so young at the National level.

Latest posts

Back