Could Teeth Grinding be nothing to worry about?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kara315

I just noticed Tigger grinding his teeth for only a couple seconds, could this just be something he does without it being bad teeth problems? They have plenty of wood and I could hear them last night going away on them. I guess i'm just worried after hearing about alot of the bad teeth problems they could go through.
I haven't heard him do this before, and it was only for a second while I petted him.

As long as he is not showing any other signs of teeth problems, like weight loss, he is probably just fine. Lots of chins grind their teeth for a variety of reasons.

As long as he is not showing any other signs of teeth problems, like weight loss, he is probably just fine. Lots of chins grind their teeth for a variety of reasons.

Besides just that small grind, he seems perfect. Eating normally, chewing on his wood chews and enjoying his treat. Just wanted to make sure.

My chin will grind when she wants more treat...or sometimes when she is wanting attention....as long as eating/pooping/chewing and there is no signs of pain some chins will do this Ive seen a few others mention this too...I know it sounds soooo weird!

My chin will grind when she wants more treat...or sometimes when she is wanting attention....as long as eating/pooping/chewing and there is no signs of pain some chins will do this Ive seen a few others mention this too...I know it sounds soooo weird!

Yep all that is completely normal. I guess I just got nervous when i walked in and crouched down and notice him do it lol.

One of my old chinchillas used to grind her teeth when woken up early by a sound and sometimes when she had a raisin (must have been too sweet!)
Like other people have said, just look out for other problems such as drooling, eye water etc)

Latest posts

Back