Could it be??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SunshineChins

Magnolia is on the safe wood list? I did a search and its true? Whooo hooo!!

I have quite a few of those that the builder planted in our subdivision. Now.. my question.. I know chins like dried apple leaves.. are Magnolia leaves off limits? They seem a bit waxy to me so I was thinking they wouldn't be a good thing to dry and use as a treat.

I don't know about the leaves, but I just bought and planted a Magnolia tree! It is about the only chin safe tree I could find in south fl! I can't even find an apple tree...lol. I can't wait for it to grow, it is only like 6 feet now.

The really great thing . . . Magnolia smells wonderful! So chinnie safe and gorgeous scent for the chinnie owners!

I am just going to stay safe and pitch the leaves. I am just sooo happy that I finally have a tree in my backyard I can use! We have tons of them growing here. Chantel one day you need to drive up and visit and we can go for a walk **wink wink**. We will just make sure to bring my handsaw with us.

Can't you get pecan down there? Not sure if they grow that far south, but I always see signs for pecans in Georgia when I drive up from Daytona on 95.

I am just going to stay safe and pitch the leaves. I am just sooo happy that I finally have a tree in my backyard I can use! We have tons of them growing here. Chantel one day you need to drive up and visit and we can go for a walk **wink wink**. We will just make sure to bring my handsaw with us.

Lol, sounds perfect! And now that I know they smell good, that is even better!

Can I also join in on the walk? :wave5: I have a magnolia tree but it's so big that I can't reach anything. I am going to buy a tree trimmer eventually so I can get some later on in the year when it isn't so dry.

Of course you can come join in the walk. :) We can all walk and talk chins while we sneak over and cut down branches.. LOL

Latest posts

Back