Cosmetic Braces?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh. Well my upper and lower teeth have never touched, except for in the middle, so I don't think it'd be a problem if I got my front teeth straightened? I mean it's really just like my front four teeth on both top and bottom that have gaps so I'm not sure I see how just getting them pushed together can cause problems. Then again I don't really know much about it. I still need to talk it over with my dentist and go from there.

Though I'll definitely try to find the best way so that I don't have any problems in the future.

If just the top and bottom 4 are gaped, and you get them straightened (pulled together), then the others will be gaped away from them. So you'd need it for all your teeth of course.

I'm not really sure why I didn't think of that sooner. lol Thank you for pointing that out!

Orthodontists usually don't want to do something half-way. The cost of my actual braces is $7000 I think, and after my ortho said I might need jaw surgery (which I don't know if I'll go for... we'll see.) My teeth aren't bad, and I am a fairly uncomplicated case, but I have an overbite which is not my teeth, but my bones that are out of place.

I think if you're going to spend any money at all, get it done right. If you spend only $3000-4000, you may end up having to spend another $3000-4000 later to really correct the issues. I was shown where my teeth do and do not line up, and given the whole outline of what they need to do and why, and how. I would definitely set up a consultation with an orthodontist!

Latest posts

Back