Contact calling

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deliamaj

love my chins!
So here is my Cloud question. Cloud makes the contact call all the time. He's not calling me, because he does it when I'm right there giving him attention. He has to be calling to Elena abd Tseng. He's a little obsessed with them, spends half his playtime trying to get to their cage. I think he is really lonely for a friend. I don't know if it mkes it worse that they totally ignore the calls like they don't hear him.

When he first got here it seemed logical that he would call out since he could smell them, and sometimes see them. I figured it would taper off as he got used to them being near, but it has actually gotten more frequent. It sounds so sad, like he's desperate for an nswer, and it makes my heart sad that he seems so lonely.

The thing is, there is no way I can handle another chin right now. So he can't get a friend. Especially since there is no way to guarantee they would even be friends. Is there anything else I can do for him? My presence doesn't seem to fill the hole in his tiny heart that another chin might fill. He has a cuddle buddy that he does not cuddle (he does other, male puberty related things with it)and I don't know what else I can do for him. He seems happy in other respects but this sad little call over and over just breaks my heart.

Dani

Latest posts

Back