Concerning Craigslist Ad- Unrelated to chins for sale

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e.murphy518

I love my chinchildren!
Hi All- I know there is a craigslist section but I read the rules and it doesn't seem to fit since if is not a "for sale" ad. I found this ad and it concerned me but I wasn't sure what can be done about it. The ad is on the Milwaukee, WI Craigslist, and it is about a chinchilla "rescue". Unfortunately the pictures of the rescue show chinchillas outside in an area that appears to be enclosed by a chain link fence. The owner also states that they only take in chinchillas and keep them forever. To me it appears that the chins could easily ingest something harmful outside or could escape, or any other number of dangers. I wasn't sure what exactly to do but I figured I would post this on here in case anyone has any ideas.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/pet/4545700858.html

Better response then a lot of ppl ive seen. While they defend some things, they seem open to input and are asking questions about why certain things might not be safe. So im answering everything i can that they ask. I also gave them this sites link.

So far they updated the ad to this

those pictures arent on the ad anymore. I went to look and there's just inside cages pictured.
Im also concerned about is the person looks young and
Whole reason i have a part time job is so i will pay for my chinny baby's.
combined with being a young person. I'm younger and have a chin, but I'm in a very stable long term lifestyle with plenty of fallback options before it would even begin to effect my chin.To have a rescue of seven and sounds like they wouldn't even have a job otherwise... I see so many chin craigslist posts in my area of people going to college and other things that it just draws up a red flag. (I've actually though about "rescuing" all of them but wont until I save up a large vet fund and gotten a few good cages )
I sincerely hope it's a responsible person and they had a safe outdoor area or something

I am glad they responded in a fairly positive manner. Thank you for providing them with info, I hope that they take it!

(I've actually though about "rescuing" all of them but wont until I save up a large vet fund and gotten a few good cages )

Ive thought about that to. For a long time. But considering my disability and the fact that i cant even support myself alone.... starting a rescue seems like a bad idea

Ive thought about that to. For a long time. But considering my disability and the fact that i cant even support myself alone.... starting a rescue seems like a bad idea

Yeah. I had to medically withdraw from college a year away from my degree- after which I wanted to go to grad school to be a vet. I'm lucky that my guy has a very good stable job and already supports us, so anything I do would just be extra spending money on top of that. He's pretty much said that career wise he's ok if I do a rescue and be a stay at home mom (eventually) if I can figure out a way to finance the rescue. That's why I started selling chin sticks on a larger level than for just Yuki. If I could get a chin supply store going enough and watch for cages at garage sales and stuff enough to build up a stockpile of those and start building a vet fund... as well as reading about all the can-go-wrongs and try to learn how to deal with them. Well. I'm working on it. I'm pretty sure eventually I'll ask all the people here who do it for tips on how to.

sorry for derailing the thread a little. I'm also glad about being them being open to learn.

Back