Concerned.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luna_chin

So i got luna a new cage on monday, or tuesday and the first few nights she was in it, she was very happy and active. It's really cold in Maryland right now with snow and all the jazz. She hasn't been really active lately, she sleeps a lot and she really only gets excited for treats and play time. It's been going on for a few days and I've been keeping an eye on her. I'm not too sure if she's just tired a lot, or what. What do you guys think? :frown2:

She's probably more active while you are sleeping, that's normal. My guys aren't very active until playtime each night. They get up a few times during the day to grab some pellets or water, and go back to sleep (sometimes falling asleep at the food bowl with a pellet in hand adorably). As long as she's eating, drinking, peeing, and pooping normally and isn't lethargic (not responsive to stimuli) she should be fine. She was probably more active the first few days that she was in the new cage because she was a little stressed about the move. She's likely settled into her new cage now and getting back to her normal schedule.

If you're concerned about a behavior change, my advice is to go to the vet and have her checked out. My Demon started off like that then got more lethargic, and in hindsight I wish I'd brought her when I first saw her behavior change.

Sometimes a new cage or ever a cage rearrange can make them wary. Give them a few days to adjust, as long as eating, pooing and drinking are normal.

Back