Come on in!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shooper

"Ellie Mae"
Just cleaned the cage and added a lot of perches. Just thought I'd show off the boys' home!

Attachments

• cage 003.jpg
    cage 003.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 166
  • cage 007.jpg
    cage 007.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 127
  • cage 014.jpg
    cage 014.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 127
  • cage 025.jpg
    cage 025.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 129
  • cage 026.jpg
    cage 026.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 133
A few more pics...

sometimes 5 pics just isnt enough!

Attachments

• cage 034.jpg
    cage 034.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 94
  • cage 038.jpg
    cage 038.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 86
  • cage 030.jpg
    cage 030.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 90
Wow, it looks great!! I bet they LOVE having so much wood to chew on. Where did you get all the wood perches?

Your chins are beautiful!!

Wow, looks amazing!! The wood perches are great! I bet your chins love those!! I also love your swing by Twilight Chinchillas ;)

You did a wonderful job!

Chinny Mom-It's a coffee can!

Misty- I sell them right now (had to cut down our dogwood tree)

Thanks, they are lovin it!

you must have some big chinnies! lol. i thought it was smaller than a coffee can. Rhino has a bigger coffee can as his fleece tube base. maybe i'll try the hay holder idea with a big soup can, since even the smaller coffee can, IMO, would be much too big a hay holder for just one chin.

I put a hole in the end of the coffee can and then bolt it onto the side of cage like a tunnel...if not they would roll it everywhere!:)

I put a hole in the end of the coffee can and then bolt it onto the side of cage like a tunnel...if not they would roll it everywhere!:)

oh lol! i just envisioned your chins running on the top of the can, all over their cage. :rofl:

that's what i did with Rhino's coffee can tube, poked a couple holes in it, took some bolts and washers and wingnuts, and attached it to the cage bars. it's his favourite place to hang out now :))

That's a great looking cage! That's one of the types i was wanting to buy, but i think we might just make something bigger and better out of the one we have now. It's plenty big for him, just need some more bells and whistles. Love the cage, thanks for sharing!

How did you attached the can to the cage? thats a great idea~

opps! i didnt see someone had posted this sorry

you must have some big chinnies! lol. i thought it was smaller than a coffee can. Rhino has a bigger coffee can as his fleece tube base. maybe i'll try the hay holder idea with a big soup can, since even the smaller coffee can, IMO, would be much too big a hay holder for just one chin.

I thought so too, about Sappho----but I'm finding she goes through hay like nobody's business. I really wanted to get a cute hay bag for her cage, but I doubt it would even be utilized.

I really like the coffee can idea too! That's a cheap way to make a little chin hidey house isn't it? And perfect for hay as well!
Your setup is lovely and your chins look quite pleased with it. You're making me feel guilty about the measly setup my boys have to tolerate!

Back