Color?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarissaRelf

Animal Lover <3
I am getting this lovely little female chin next week and I was told she is a standard grey. (looks grey to me lol) but I have seen many pics of standard greys and they are all darker than she is. I was just wondering if she is a standard grey, why is she so light and of she's not, what is she? thank you:)

Standards range in a variety of shades. She could just be a lighter standard grey. If you post pictures when you get her, we'll be able to tell you for sure.

yah that is definately not a standard. Is this a reputable breeder you are buying from? I am concerned this person wouldnt know the difference between a standard and a beige and be a breeder....?

I agree with everyone. It looks like a beige. I would be worried about buying from a breeder who can't tell basic colors. Are you sure this person is reputable?

Definitely a beige. No doubt about it, not a grey. If the breeder can't tell that... I personally wouldn't be getting a kit from them. Even the most basic breeder starting out should be able to tell the difference between basic colors like grey and beige.

It's not from a breeder. (sorry should have specified.) She was told that her 2 chins were both female (by the vet) and it turned out that they were a boy and a girl and she ended up with babies. She took them to a different vet for a checkup and to find out the sexes. They are fine (no problems from breeding or anything) and she was selling them on craigslist. Sorry about the lack of info.

pretty much a safe bet to assume that any and all chins listed on craigslist are listed as the wrong color and/or gender unless they come from an experienced breeder.

Back