College

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashley00

I just sent in my final exam for the last class for my degree! It was an online class which is rare and I finished it about 2 weeks early! Oh it feels so wonderful! Time to finish unpacking and cleaning my home because I am having my graduation party next Saturday:dance3:. I am getting my B.S. in Accounting. So, who else is going to college, what are you majoring in (or want to major in), and how is this quarter going for you? I always find it hard to study during the holiday season with Thanksgiving, Christmas events and such. For all of you out there still studying this quarter, I wish you all good luck! There is an end to school, I promise! ;)

I'm still in college, going for a BFA in Graphic Design... I honestly feel like it will never end. I completely agree that studying and working around the holidays just feels impossible. I like spring semester more because at least at the end of it there aren't any major holidays! Just summer! Well, I have to go paint now :banghead: and design some logos. grrrrrrr

I am finishing my first semester of law school. Poor Flea gets to hear my wails of despair. I have been warned that these next three weeks will be mental gauntlet that makes men cry and the most balanced person flip their lid.

I have a BS in Animal Science. I graduated last January, but decided on a career change and am currently in a 1 year clinical program for Medical Lab Science. In 2 and a half weeks, I will be halfway done with that! I can't wait to get a real job and be done with school... at least for a while.

Ahhh I remember the days I thought I might be done with college...then I signed up for 4 more years :duh:

Just about to finish my third semester of vet school. That means I'll be half way done with sitting in a class room all day long! Hooray!

Finals are unofficially starting Thursday so it's crunch time! 9 finals in 2 weeks - oh joy! Just have to keep reminding myself it will all be worth it! (It will all be worth it...it will all be worth it...it will all be worth it...)

Isn't it great to know that we have people in the same boat as us? I can honestly say that I did shed some tears while working on my final. I thought it would never end and I didn't know how I'd do it well enough to pass my exam or class. Now I just wait, which is hard too. I was in college full time for over 5 years (I changed my major). This was my last quarter with only one class. It really doesn't seem real that I could be done if I passed my class. What's weekends and nights without the nagging feeling of homework or actually doing homework or declining events to do homework instead. What is life going to be like I wonder?! haha.

I have a BS in Animal Science. I graduated last January, but decided on a career change and am currently in a 1 year clinical program for Medical Lab Science. In 2 and a half weeks, I will be halfway done with that! I can't wait to get a real job and be done with school... at least for a while.

Let's talk career change! I did a BS in biology. Worked three years on a masters in neuroscience, and just gave it all up to go to law school! At least I have some science background a lot of these people don't.:tease:

I am finishing my first semester of law school. Poor Flea gets to hear my wails of despair. I have been warned that these next three weeks will be mental gauntlet that makes men cry and the most balanced person flip their lid.

My son is also finishing his first semester of law school. He came home Tuesday night and left this morning to go back to DC. He said that the time just flew while he was home. He said he cannot wait for this semester to end which will be Dec 16th. The bright side he said he gets 3 weeks off.

After 2 years of art college nonsense, i left without completing my BFA in painting. Best choice i ever made. i created happy artwork, and my profs only liked depressed and disgusting stuff. i was so burnt out and heartbroken, that i havn't painted in almost 2 years since i quit. I'm working through it, but its taking time. I'm being patient with myself.

I have been an undergrad for 12 years. It doesn't end.

Actually, at one class a semester (I work full time as well), I should finish my BA in English in two and a half more years. I have one more 3000 word paper to write and I'll be done with the class I'm currently taking, it's due a week from today. The nice thing about the English major is no finals. Although papers aren't any fun either.

Some people just arent cut out for college, I would be one of those people. I am not stupid by any means but even when I apply myself to the fullest I just can't seem to do good. I still can't get better than a B. And a B is the max with my stress level lol. This is actually my last semester, I think Im going to drop out. I'm in my 4th semester and only did good one one of those semesters. At this point I am just racking up student loans for nothing. So I think it's time i pursue other options :( . I envy everyone who does well in college, nothing personal though! I wish you all good luck with graduating and getting degrees!!!!

Ahh its so nice to see others in college just like me, although I might be the baby out of everyone. Currently finishing up my third semester and I'm working towards a Bachelors majoring in Fashion Design while minoring in Fashion Merchandising. Letting everyone know now, if I end up dead, its because of this major lol! Its extremely demanding, more than most people realize.

I agree with you LeoMonster, it seems like any "Visual Communications" degree is overtly demanding to the point of creating a mini factory. Of any art you learn at these schools, its the art of BSing.

College and I never got along. I dropped out after about a year and a half, I think it was. I had no idea what I wanted to be and didn't feel like wasting my mothers money till I had it figured out. Plus it didn't help that I was constantly pestered as to when I would return. Over the course of the year or two away from school I've thought of many things I might return for: interior design, actually work on my AA, go to vet school to be an exotic vet (curse you cute little fluff ball chinchillas!). Now that no one is no longer forcing me or hounding me on my return, once moved to Washington state, I plan on attending a community college, because I miss my English, anthropology, and history classes. maybe at least get the AA who knows.

grats on your degree hun :)

I almost dropped out during my second year. I was doing so badly and I hated going to that school. I managed to transfer and decided to pursue accounting. I really liked the classes and was excited about how much money they make. However, during this past summer I realized how much accountants work. I don't care anymore that they get paid well, because spending your life doing a job is just not worth it. For the past year I'm been subbing as a bus driver and then Nov 1st I got hired into the union. Anyways, now I've decided to just stay doing bus driving. I don't get a great amount of hours at the moment being so new, but it will get better. I think what really hooked me besides working with the kids (and driving buses are fun) is that we get SO much time off :D hehe! It's awesome! Because of my schedule I may use my business education to open up a side business. But I need to think of what I'd want to do.

Long story short I was not a college person either but somehow I finished after more than 5 years and I'm getting this degree that isn't even required at my job lol. I could have saved on those student loans too!! Well, being the first in the family to get a bachelor's is pretty sweet.

And for the past year I have wished so hard that I could take classes other than the required. I'd love to take history. In fact, with working as a bus driver now, I wish I could have majored in history because it sounded so interesting, but you can't really use it for much :D

Thanks for the congrats :)

if you work hard enough, You could always run your own firm. I worked as a secretary that helped with taxes, he worked monday-thursday, from 8:00am-7:00pm during non-tax season. during the tax season was rough, sometimes getting home at 2 in the morning, but he still had those weekends off :)

also, now that you have your degree, you could always go back and take selected courses. I would suggest astronomy too, I enjoyed that class very much.

It really is about finding out what you are good at and enjoy. I love science and medicine, but I was never more than mediocre in the classes because there was nothing really to argue, and I thrive on arguing a point. Either you had the facts to back it up or not, and if you find something you are interested in, it is usually some minuscule little area that you have to hope you can get federal funding for. With law, I can go into a science-oriented concentration (patent, malpractice, etc.) and still use my background while doing something I enjoy. And remember, don't piss me off. I will sue.

Akunaferret - Astronomy sounds fun, as does more history classes, nutrition, and some science like the geology field trips are quite interesting. And I couldn't imagine working 11 hour days on off season! That's probably why I won't ever go into it lol. At my job we also get 2 months off for summer hehe. Oh and all the days off during school. *looking forward to 2 week christmas break*. I think I rather enjoy working less hours and making not amazing amounts of money then working too much to enjoy my amazing amount of money lol. Now only if I can find an extra side business that I might enjoy. It has to be one of my interests.

GorillaJTA - sounds like you are pursuing the perfect degree :D

I'm in my first year getting my AA, and then off to get a degree in Forensic Psychology. My sememster ends on December 16th, and honestly for me these classes are much easier for me to understand in high school, too many distractions.

I would continue but my roommates are begging for food as I am the only one who can cook something that isn't from a box.

Back