CN Cage?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbarile92

Hello,

I posted a few days ago about the Prevue Hendryx Cage that I had purchased through Petco. It has yet to come in but I am getting a little warry about it. I have read different reviews and so far all of them are horrible. I can always return it when it comes in so would it be smart to go for a different cage?
I am going up to the mall tomorrow and PetSmart has a CN cage for $145.
Would this be the better route? I know it is going to be a lot easier to clean and so many people love that type of cage. I really enjoy the pull out doors for easy access.
Though, I have a few questions. Is it $145 for only the single unit or for the double? I have two chins and I would need the double unit but I am a little unsure on how it comes....

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3402796#prodTab1

Thanks!
Rachel

for that price i would think it's the single level one.

edit - just checked your link and it doesn't allow the option of choosing the double level one, so yeah, that price is for the single.

does anyone know if you can add levels to the CN the way you can to the FN?

Hmm well do you know if it would be okay for two chinchilla's?
Or would it be too small?

Does anyone know if you can add on levels? So I can just start off with just one level?

i'm not sure if a single level would be enough room for two chins. hopefully somebody with multiple chins/cage experience will chime in soon.

i personally would have a double level for anything more than one chin. heck, i want a double level FN just for my single lil guy, lol.

If you search google for ferret nation add-on, I believe it says it can also go with the critter nation.

I've seen and had pairs in the bottom of a ferret nation so I don't see a problem with it. As long as everything fits.

Thanks everyone!
I am just worried about only having the bottom cage. I would rather just get their cage set up so I don't have to keep moving them around!
:) I am just going to buy the FN cage that they have at PetSmart!
I have heard wonders about the FN cage's so I am just going to go with that!

You can absolutely put two chins in a single unit, just fine. Heck, recently there was a post on a breeder who had nine bonded girls in one double unit FN. Just some of us pet owners spoil the dickens out of our babies by putting them in a mansion. Just be sure and have plenty to do in the one level and it's fine.

Honestly, the only reason I got the double unit as opposed to the single unit myself was just in case I ended up with two more chins which would be a travesty ;). I wanted the freedom to have space for separated chins OR maybe a pair of girls.

The CN and FN are pretty much the same minus a bit of hardware and wire spacing. In theory you could easily have the FN on top if you wanted (I've never seen it done but they are the same dimensions).

I have one CN and one FN, both double units, two chins in each. What you have to watch for with the CN is the pans. They're made of a softer plastic and therefore WILL get chewed, so you'll want to replace them immediately. I like the no tool construction of the CN better, but the FN cages have larger wire spacing and are therefore a lot easier to clean.

You can definitely have 2 chins in a single unit as long as they don't realize what it feels like to have more space. Mine get really agitated when I lock the ramp. They'll jump on it to try to get it down, run on the wheel more and chatter a lot more at me in annoyance.

If I had to buy another one, I'd go with a double-unit FN.

Thanks everyone who responded!
I ended up going to Petsmart today to get the FN 142 and my boys are in love with the space!
I wasn't able to do the Price Match but the manager ended up giving me a 20% discount because she liked me so much!
So it all worked out for the best!!!

Awesomeness! I have melamine cages, but YOU people flaunting your FN142 cages around really tempt me sometimes! lol

also, send you an email so will grab your attention on here! I'm done with your house, other than wanted to double check on one little thing? Did you want your chinchilla names on the house? Dave and Buster? After I get this done, I can get it out in the mail. :)

Thanks everyone who responded!
I ended up going to Petsmart today to get the FN 142 and my boys are in love with the space!
I wasn't able to do the Price Match but the manager ended up giving me a 20% discount because she liked me so much!
So it all worked out for the best!!!

Hey, it's better than no discount at all!! lol when I went to Petsmart I knew there was a possibility that I would get turned down for the pricematch so I was sweet talking the manager a bit before I checked out because I knew that he was the one who would have the ultimate say in the end :laughitup:

Awesomeness! I have melamine cages, but YOU people flaunting your FN142 cages around really tempt me sometimes! lol

also, send you an email so will grab your attention on here! I'm done with your house, other than wanted to double check on one little thing? Did you want your chinchilla names on the house? Dave and Buster? After I get this done, I can get it out in the mail. :)

Sorry about not responding to your email earlier!
I was out busy with getting the cage and setting it all up! The boys love running around their new mansion!
Yes, I would like their names on the house if possible!

Dave & Buster is correct!! :D

It says that the double unit is $240. I have the double unit CN. I love the cage. Right now it is split (Which comes in handy) and now I have 2 chins living on the bottom half and 1 chin living on the top half.

Latest posts

Back