CN and bass pans

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thetuckerfarm

I have a CN that I ordered bass pans for.

Will the plastic pans fit inside the bass pans? Trying to decide what type of fleece to buy. The envelope style that goes around he plastic pans .... Or just fleece to sit on top of the bass pans. I mainly got the bass pans to try to contain some poop.

i have a CN. i do not know if the plastic pans will fit inside the bass pans, sorry, i threw mine out as soon as i got the bass pans! but even if they do.... with the method you are going to use, it seems like the plastic pans would still get a significant amount of urine on them, and with their texture, they are a little hard to clean. IMO. what i do... just sew 2 pieces of fleece together (all 4 sides) to the size of the bottom of the bass pan (or bigger). i just lay it flat on the bass pan, and put something in each corner like their food bowl, hay holder, chin chiller, etc to hold it in place.

the bass pans do contain some of the poop, but keep in mind that chinnies poop constantly, so you will still get it out of the cage when they are jumping around on the ledges, etc.

Latest posts

Back