Climbing the cage bars?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crys12065

Does anyone's chin try to climb up the cage bars? Maizy is always scaling the cage instead of using her ledges! It is funny to watch but I am afraid she will fall and hurt herself.

She has ledges and hammocks, why the obsession with climbing like a monkey? lol

My Chinchilla does that too! Kimchi is always doing it: / but i have no idea why and even though shes at the bottom i dont want her to get hurt.

my chinchilla lunch is practicing to be a rock climber. its one of her favorite things to do.
she goes up and down repetitively. it really loud too. its rather adorable too and ive given up on trying to stop her. i just made sure nothing could hurt her if she fell.

LOL, ok good to know she is not the only one! My other 3 don't do that so I found it odd. Silly chins!

My Zoidberg tries to climb to the top of the cage all the time! He thinks he's a monkey for sure. If he's not climbing he's stretching himself as far as possible to try to reach the top of the cage. He stretches to about 15 inches or so long, someday he may just reach the top of the cage.

My little Pirate does that! And he's been spotted shimmying up the bars from the bottom of the cage using his paws on the bars when he's too pooped to do the jumping part. He is always worrying me with his craziness. :D

My Sabi did when she was young but has since gotten pretty plump so she can't pull herself up like she used to..

My Tatter-tott (5 months old) still climbs to the top of the cage and hangs onto the bars swinging his feet back and forth. It's funny but I imagine that won't last that long. Which reminds me, I really should try to video it while I can. :)

Back