Cleaning Regimen?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moji-n-Rocco

Hello Everyone! I'm trying to figure out a good, healthy and efficient cleaning schedule for my chins cage. I use fleece bedding with a litter box they use the box but do pee here and there on the fleece ( it has a pad between two layers of fleece). I sweep the poop every other day. They have 3 shelves with a double fleece cover (to catch poop and get feet off the wire floor). What are some of y'all's cleaning schedules? Any tips and Ideas are welcome!

Funny cause I was about to post and ask if anyone had more efficient cleaning methods...

Anywho, I clean the cages once a week. I swap out fleece liners for a new clean set and change their pee dishes. (Similar to what you have set up) I have a 3 tiered ferret nation cage and the whole process usually take me about 45 minutes to an hour to be completely finished.

Occasionally during that weekly cleaning I do a more deep clean on the pans such as soap water to clean up the urine stains and what not. I hope that helps!

Back