Cleaning new chin's cage

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArmyWife

So our new chin Jade seems to be peeing on a ledge where I put her hay. I moved her hay but the ledge is pretty gross and smells. We've had her for about 4 days now so I was wondering if it's too early to be taking the ledge out and cleaning it? I know they're very stressed out when they are in a new environment so I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to make things worse. Thanks!

Is the scent from baby-wipes ok? I could probably rummage up some baby wipes from my husband's deployment trunks but they may all be scented

Peroxide works well on peed on wood. I wouldn't use scented baby wipes. Cleaning it now shouldn't stress her, a sanitary cage is the chin's best interest. If she keeps peeing in that one spot, consider putting a ceramic tile there to make clean-up easier.

Wipe it down with peroxide. It will clean it and remove any stains with very little fuss and no stress on the chinchilla. It also does not leave any residue.

Latest posts

Back