Cleaning Bass Pans

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cindy

I just got two Bass pans for my FN. I was wondering what would be the best way to clean them without the risk of them rusting....vinegar?

I personally use clorox wipes and then wipe them dry with a paper towel.

I use vinegar and warm/hot water. Works great, safe for the chins, and easy and cheap!

what's the difference between using white vinegar and red vinegar? I have both at home, but just wondering if there's a difference?

washed with a bleach/water mix then dried shouldn't cause rust and sterilize well also.

I use simple green mixed with water, then wipe them dry. I think as long as they're dried after you clean them they'll be ok. I left mine oustide in the rain and snow for 4 months, brought them in and cleaned them in the tub and they were fine. Not a spec of rust :)

I just took ours outside and washed them with dishsoap and then hosed them down. Never had a problem with rust.

what's the difference between using white vinegar and red vinegar? I have both at home, but just wondering if there's a difference?

White vinegar is made from grain and red is made from apples [assuming you are talking about cider vinegar]. Really not a huge difference but red vinegar tends to have more of a whew! factor on the nose.

Back