Cleaning a branch

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IceMaiden

I got a large piece of a cooking apple tree branch out of my uncle's garden yesterday. When I've had them in the past, I've put them in the oven, but this one is too long to fit and I don't want to cut it. I'm going to scrub it thoroughly with boiling water, but has anybody got any other ideas on how to clean it or what would be safe to use?

How thick of a branch are you talking about, and why not cut it into shorter lengths that will fit in the oven?. Is it too long to fit ddiagonal in the oven ?.

I soaked mine in the bath filled with boiling/hot water for 2 hours to remove any moss.

I then scrubbed it and let it soak in clean water for another hour.

Let it air dry in a warm room over night.

My chins love it!

Chocolatekisses that's exactly what I ended up doing, bath with boiling water then scrubbed it clean of any mossy bits. I also sanded it to get rid of any hidden bits. My chin loves it and has stripped almost all the bark off it!

Gsbuickman it's 2ft long so it was too big to fit in the oven. It also had other smaller branches on t, but I decided to remove them, thinking they'd act like spears and possibly jab her in the face whilst she was bouncing about.

Back