Cinnamon and chins?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JensAwesome

We are having a bit of a problem with ants in our house right now. I am worried they will get into Zoe's cage. I don't know that ants really want chin stuff, but just in case. I have heard cinnamon is something ants avoid. If I put some around her cage, would she be okay? We don't usually have her on the floor around her cage, but better safe than sorry! Any other ideas?

ants are going to be attracted to one of three things. water, oils, or sugars depending on what type of ants they are. Seeing that your in hawaii, I'm not familiar with the common ant types you have, but I do not believe that cinnamon is going to do anything besides make your home smell. What you should do is look into ordering some maxforce FC ant bait gel and some plungers to press it out with. what you'd do is open up an electrical outlet so you can access the walls they are infesting and squirt a little bit into the wall void, then close up the outlet cover. give it about a week and with any luck the problem will go away. another option is to squirt some of the bait into a cheap baitstation you can get at any grocery store or hardware store. then that way you can move the bait from room to room.

we order a lot of supplies from www.domyownpestcontrol.com that would be a good place to start.

Back