Cigarette Smoke/Chemicals

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danakscully64

Chinchilla Mommy
I recently ordered some things for my chinchillas, chew toys, and they smell very strongly of cigarette smoke. I opened the package and gagged, it was so strong. I'm letting the things air out, would these be safe to give to my chins? I'm thinking about tossing everything and just counting it as a loss. What should I do?

that stinks (literally)! i have ordered items from ebay before and had that happen. yuk! i really dont know what i would do, except complain to the seller!!

wow, must be a heavy smoker for the items to absorb so much odor! Yuck! If it is that odorific to you, would be worse for your chin. I would also complain to the seller, let the seller know you have a sensitive animal to odors, and see what the seller offers, if anything. I don't know if time is enough to rid the items of the odor or not. I don't think they would be harmful to your chin, though.

How do I complain to the seller without coming across as rude? The person was very nice about everything, I love the products with the exception of the smell. I have asthma, smoke is one of my triggers, and even the smell gives me a slight anxiety attack because I associate it with an asthma attack.

How do I complain to the seller without coming across as rude? The person was very nice about everything, I love the products with the exception of the smell. I have asthma, smoke is one of my triggers, and even the smell gives me a slight anxiety attack because I associate it with an asthma attack.

I would just let them know that you have asthma and are very sensative to that sort of thing. I don't think it would be rude at all, seeing as it is a serious health issue. If they seemed nice about things, hopefully they will be able to do something for you.

Thanks everyone :) Some time out of the package REALLY helped, now the smell is faint. Is there a safe way to rinse the smell off of wood that's been colored? The items are great overall, my chins will LOVE them.

Latest posts

Back