Chromium in a chins diet?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godofgods

Has anyone every heard of/dealt with chromium in a chins diet before?
My vet was mentioning it in regard to issues with chico. He has sticky urine again likely from the high glucose in there. They urine sample also showed crystals in the urine.

Diabetic chins can become chromium deficient, chromium deficiency can lead to vascular issues long term.

yea, i was reading up on it a little more after posting that.
Chromium is known to enhance the action of insulin [1-3], a hormone critical to the metabolism and storage of carbohydrate, fat, and protein in the body [4]. In 1957, a compound in brewers' yeast was found to prevent an age-related decline in the ability of rats to maintain normal levels of sugar (glucose) in their blood [3]. Chromium was identified as the active ingredient in this so-called "glucose tolerance factor" in 1959 [5].

Are there any chin foods that have chromium in them? Or any chin safe chromium supplements?

Chico is currently on AMD which i think might have been you ticklechin that suggested that. When he had sticky urine a few years back. Saying that they didn't use as much sugar as a binding agent that many chin food makers do. They used beat pulp instead. When he was switched to that his issues went away. But now they are back.

Back