Christmas wreath making

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6Dusters

Last year at work I learned how to make a Christmas wreath. My neighbor was so impressed when I showed her my wreath and said she would like to learn how to do it too. So this year I bought the forms and went to a local Christmas tree vendor and asked for scraps. I cut the holly from my tree's.

Yesterday my neighbor and I had such a good time together. Was really nice to spend a few hours with her and just relax enjoy ourselves with Pandora playing Christmas songs in the background. We took photo's of each other to capture the moment for the years come. I told her one day our grandchildren can look at the photo and think what magic it is to make a wreath from scratch.

I'll share the process in two posts as I know I won't be able to upload four photo's at a time.
Photo one is the form. You can use it again. I'm not sure how many times as last years form was one you throw away afterwards. The form costs $5.
Next photo is me in my neighbors garage working away. I look so bad. :rofl: We both laughed at our appearance's. You must wear clothing that you don't care what gets on it. That sap in evergreens does NOT come off clothing. Goop mechanics hand cream will clean your hands afterwards. Thank goodness I keep that around.

Attachments

• wreath 001.jpg
    wreath 001.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 108
  • wreath 003.jpg
    wreath 003.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 107
Third photo is finished wreath spayed with preservative drying. Last photo is wreath hanging in my kitchen. Indoors.
My neighbor and I both have artificial tree's and miss the Christmas pine fragrance. Thus the wreaths. I hang mine in the house as I already have a fake one on the front door. It's outside.
My neighbor and I enjoyed doing this so much. We decided next year to invite the other two neighbor ladies over to join us and another one of her friends. Nice to just have girl time with no kids around. LOL

Attachments

• wreath 004.jpg
    wreath 004.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 103
  • wreath 009.jpg
    wreath 009.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 104
What a great idea! It makes good use of those scraps that I hate to see thrown away. Lovely wreath too!

WOW!!! Impressive!!! And what a great idea!!! I'm going to get one for inside, too, so I can have that wonderful smell. I haven't had a tree since my front heavy tree fell over on me!!! I need a guy wire if I do it again.

Thanks! They really are nice. And fun to do. The possibilities are endless. You can add bows, picks, pine cones, what ever you like. I just enjoy the greens.

Years ago we went to George Washington's house at Christmas and I remember how simple and beautiful green swags looked about the house. I loved that "simple" look and enjoy the same on my wreaths. I was able to use soft pine and evergreen from the tree lot as scraps. I cut holly from my yard. Next year I'd like to add the Magnolia leaf.

Latest posts

Back