Christmas is Coming...Anyone Want to "be Santa"?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vyxxin

RAF Chins
I found this page on FB...and I really think their mission is a good one. I actually spoke with (and friended) the woman who runs it...she's a one person team running the whole thing by herself! Anyhow, they aren't accepting anymore applications until their current list of children have "sponsors". This is a "nationwide" group and children are from all over the US even though the page is run from Pittsburgh, Pa. Anyhow, I just really think it's a good cause...and while I know things are tight for a lot of people...I also know people that things aren't so tight for that WANT to help :) So, here it is:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/388054784612377/

I think it's a closed group, but if you really want to help a child (or several) have a brighter Christmas...it's worth joining!

BUMP! Still looking for sponsors :) In an attempt to gain better insight into the program I've spent a lot of time speaking with the woman who owns/runs the page. It's just a single woman, no organization...just her :) Aside from the Santa page she also runs several other charitable pages for people to help people. AND in addition to THAT! She has a job (she's a CNA) AND her husband recently underwent surgery! This woman just amazes me :) She set the page up very professionally...people send an application for help...she posts the child's info...and sponsors can select the children they want to help. THEN, the sponsor gets the childs complete list and shipping information. The gifts are mailed directly to the child in need. Anyhow, I'm just really impressed with this woman and hope some of you all will consider sponsoring a child (or two) for the holiday!

I sent a request to join! I wouldn't mind helping a child have a good Christmas. I have done the Salvation Army trees before and really enjoy doing it!

She'll approve you ;) just be patient. Her husband just came home from the hospital, she told me she will have more time this weekend to get the page all squared away. I know a LOT of people (more than one would think) are very generous when they feel the cause is good...and if they have it of course, to be generous with. This page is not location specific, you can choose a child in PA (where she's based) or WA...IA...she's got applicants from all over the US! And like I said, you mail your gifts directly to the family. She does a good job screening too AND keeps an eye out on other "charity pages" to make sure people aren't double dipping! For one person, she's a heck of a woman!

Latest posts

Back