Christmas for hedgies

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tacotac

What do you get the hedgehog that has everything? Mealworms are part of their daily diet, they have a run a bout ball, plenty of sleepy sacks, igloos, other things to sleep in. Maybe a hidey hat? They have plenty of toys, but maybe a few more wouldn't be so bad I guess? I don't know what to get them. My short tail opossum is easier, I can even make him stuff, or just buy him some sugar glider accessories. Any ideas?

Hidey hat would be high on Bella's list. She loves hers.

Do you have a dump truck? Satin, as a baby, would climb up into the back to get her mealies. As an adult, only her front end would fit and push the truck around.

Fleece-lined tubes... a maze of tubes that branch...with plenty of ways out.

You could start up your own mealie colony.

I also thought about the tubes. I think they would really enjoy those. A dump truck sounds fun too, any particular kind?

The dump truck was fairly lightweight... lesser quality than a Tonka. That way, I knew she could push it around. I wasn't so sure she could manage the heft of a real Tonka. I used to put mealies in the truck bed... and under the truck, so she'd have to push the truck to get them... and in the "hub caps" - really, just the indentations. It was great fun!

The problem with going with an off-brand is that the axle rusted, so it only lasted 1-hedgie worth, so Mr Tex and Miss Bella never got a chance to play with it.

I probably ought to hit up the toy stores and find a little truck for my Bella ;)

Rupert the spoilt hedgie has got a few christmas presents! I've got him a dumper truck, some duck flavour cat treats, a stocking full of different cat toys and a little 'Rupert the bear' plush! He really has got everything now lol

For Valentine's Day

Too late for Christmas, but for Valentine's day may I recommend a night vision baby monitor. I received one for Christmas just to watch my Hedgehog at night (he is in a different room). I love watching him run on his wheel, eat, and just run around his cage. I wake up a couple times a night and every time I look at the monitor and he's up doing something from about 11pm until about 6am, it's great to see him just having a good time.

Attachments

• night vision PigPen.jpg
    night vision PigPen.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 7
I've been thinking about a night time monitor on and off for the last few years. What kind did you get?

Latest posts

Back