Choosing classes!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle (:

I'm having such trouble chooseing between two classes I want to take next year, I can only take one. They are at a seperate school (TCD), and I start my school day there and get back to my high school around 12:30 and take english, math and my history class. I get college credits for the class I will be taking at TCD but I dont know which to do! I LOVE cosmetology and really want to do that, but I also what to go into criminal justice and become a police officer or do CSI. I was thinking I would go to TCD to take the cosmetology class for two years and get my hair license, and then after high school I'd go to college for criminal justice. OR I could do each class for one year...I cant decide! Which do you would be a better plan, cosmetology for 2 years, or a year of each?

That's a tough question that really only you can answer. You really need to do some soul searching and deciede what you want to be. Which profession do you see yourself doing for the rest of your life? If the answer to that is to become a police officer then I would focus my time and energry on classes pertaining to that. I guess that it never hurts to have two degrees under your belt, but if you truely know that you want to go into criminal justice in the end, then I would get a head start towards my future and go for it. Focus on your long term goal and you're sure to achieve it. I know alot of people that graduated and received degrees in this or that "just for now" and have never gone back to school to acomplish their true dream. That includes me. When I was in high school I took nursing at the vocational school. It worked out well because I graduated and found an awesome job that I do enjoy, very much, but it wasn't my dream to someday be a nurse. I was going to go back to school to become a vet. that was my dream since I was a child. But, life goes by quick and bills need to be paid and a baby came and things just never fell into place that way. Sometimes I still wish that I had gone back to school to complete my dream. I know alot of people that similar things have happened to. You're young and if you can work towards your dream now, then do it. Which ever you decide, I wouldn't do a year of this and a year of that. That really will leave you with a degree in nothing. I would chose to work towards one or the other. Although doing a year of this and a year of that may help you deceide which you like better, I wouldn't plan it that way. If you really can't chose between them entirely, I would go with the one that you like a little bit better first. Try this year in that class and if you find it is not at all what you expected, then next year go with the other. But I'd try to make a decision between the two. You're in a tough spot right now and I wish you lots of luck with whatever you do. But, don't worry everything will fall into place and work out in the end.

Last edited:
I totally agree with Nicky, I would not do a year of each, that seems a little silly to not quite be there for either thing, I would get frustrated with that. I would do one, then work towards the other one, or pick one if you can. I don't think you could do both simultaneously, but maybe!

Yea i wouldnt do a year of one and a year of the other because honestly it will take longer. Do what you truly want to do then when you get your degree you can make better money then pursue the other one. Most people whom grad dont go back and pursue their dream because other things happen. And then they are sick of school. so pick what you truly want to do.

Latest posts

Back