Chocolate / Dark Tan Growing up

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoof

Kung Fu Chinny!
All of this little girl's photos in one spot for Brenda. For those that picked up some of Ronda's tan lines when she sold out this is very common.

The whiter they are as a baby and at 10 weeks and the darker the tail hair - this little girl's was black - the darker they will be as adults. :))

Attachments

• Tan2.jpg
    Tan2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 74
  • Tan3.jpg
    Tan3.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 68
  • Tan4.jpg
    Tan4.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Tan5.jpg
    Tan5.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Tan6.jpg
    Tan6.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 68
She is now almost four months old. You can see the darker fur pushing up through the lighter fur in the top down views. They always look rough during young adulthood because of this.

Attachments

• Tan7.jpg
    Tan7.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Tan8.jpg
    Tan8.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 80
  • Tan9.jpg
    Tan9.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 76
so, with her tail looking white now, is she considered a tan white? or does it just look white in the pics?

is she considered a tan white? or does it just look white in the pics?
Her tail is white but genetically she is not white, this is just how this line of beige/tan expresses itself.

I have pictures here of a Brown Velvet chin in 2004 doing the same thing. :))

genetics are amazing! I have a Very dark tan who has gotten darker over time but he has always looked like a tan. his tail is also very light. so very interesting

Oh wow...thank you Tara :) Very interesting. I've been thinking about holding on to the tan baby to see how he turns out and I think I'm going to repeat the same pairing.

I'm glad I saw this post, I have 4 tan kits here and I was wondering how they would turn out. One has a darker tail but mine also seem to get a darker face-head. It's pretty hard to sell them without knowing their final shade. What do you think?

What do you think?
Anne-Lise this is a hard one because I don't know how your tan lines work. You learn them by keeping the babies until they are adults and seeing how they turn out. From what I've seen/bred it looks like you're working with some mixed lines there I would guess that they will both end up lighter than their current body colors.

Would love to see pictures of them all grown up!

Latest posts

Back