Chins that Roll in their sleep?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blarklark

Hey guys. its been awhile since I been here but I do have sort of a problem. I have a chin who rolls around in his sleep.. its fun to watch.. however.. My boys live in a ferret nation cage with the 2nd self taken off. SO its just ledges all the way up the cage.

My poor boy has sleep rolled off his ledge at times and dropped to the floor below. I've been putting in extra batting with their fleece. But has anyone had this problem? what did you do?

I'm either going to get some fleece and my some catching nets going accross the cage... ooor... make some railings on the ledges..

:( My other option would be to put the 2nd floor back in so its not as far as a fall.

I would just make a hammock that stretches the width of the cage, so they have something to fall into. It is cute though watching mine roll around while they are sleeping though! It is almost like they are dreaming about taking a roll in the dust! :)

If he does it often I would just put the 2nd floor back in. A hammock may work but you can't cover the entire cage with it, so there may be a chance he could slip through a crack or something and still fall.

Do you have other things for him to sleep in, like fleece tubes, hammocks, etc.? Or is he one of the weirdos that ignore all the comfy spots and sleeps on a wood ledge instead? If you don't have any, you may want to invest in some..it's harder to roll out of them.

Well I have wooden Ledges that .. well I mean what cage doens't have wooden ledges.. lol If I did make the hammocks I probably have it go even under the ledges. Gavin sleeps in everything.. the food dish.. the fleece tube.. the floor.. the wooden houses.. the ledges.. and each day I find him where-ever he started only upside down.. I may just do layers of fleece hammocks. hmmmm thanks for the advice guys. I'm glad I didnt get a crazy chin. lol he is pretty adorable.

Back