Chins on Tumblr

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isabella Whateva

Does anybody here have a Tumblr blog (or other blog) about chinchillas?

I was browsing the #chinchilla tags on there today and was disappointed to see that 90% of the stuff on there is bad. Lots of people with pictures of their chins in death balls, mangey fur, and crappy cages full of chewed plastic. I would love to follow and promote positive and knowledgeable chin blogs.

I've thought about starting one myself, but I'm worried I wouldn't have time to keep up with it. What do you guys think??

I think better blog information on chins would be good to have out there.. I would like to blog about the crazy furballs, but I have no idea why someone would want to read my random ramblings about them. If anyone on here has blogs about their chins, I would love to read them. :) I think Handbag and Jacob (err, did Annie change his name for real? I can't remember right now) need an adventure blog for sure.;)

Tumblr is mostly about cute pics :). I've been blogging on and off a little bit about my experiences with my chin(s) And people are searching for the information. Some of it feels a little redundant though.

But maybe chin stories? Photos? Macros? Videos? Gifs? Post those and then get people to read the content? People do searches for things like "cute baby chinchilla" or "cute chinchilla" and the like.

Or one of those jokey Twitter accounts like they have for cats and dogs?

http://www.criminallyvulgar.com/search/label/chinchillas - those are my couple posts on the subject. I'll probably write something up later about Christopher's neuter gone wrong.

People do search for information. A couple terms that led people to the cost of getting chinchillas were "are chinchillas good pets?" "how much do chinchillas cost?"

My videos of Vincenza go over really well on FB :)

I've seen maybe one or two blogs that will have a super cute pictures or videos and stick a little bit of educational stuff in there. Like, "This is chinny eating a rosehip! Rosehips are great treats for chin, and so are rolled oats. Raisins and nuts are not safe!" That way the people just looking for cute pictures might pick up some useful info. Then on the main page there would be FAQ's and links to good information

well i wrote a few posts about my own babies
crazisilverangel.blogspot.com
at the bottom there are tags
look for Mei Mei or meimei
da vinci

I have a blog on tumblr with photos of chia :) chiachinchilla.tumblr.com
I don't post info about chinchillas though since I don't feel I know enough to give advice... But there is one blog that I know of, owningachinchilla.tumblr.com, that offers advice, information and other stuff. Also, dailychinchilla and ohyeahcritters I think has some info as well.

Latest posts

Back