Chins new cage!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChinChillinVillin

Chin Lover
I just recently got a new cage for my chins, which was made for me by a friend. They absolutely LOVE their new cage and all the space. I also just purchased some fleece accessories for them- hidey house, hammock, tube, and ledge. I'm not sure if I attached the pictures correctly, so I guess we'll see how it goes...

IMG_0161.JPG

IMG_0175.JPG

IMG_0170.JPG

chin stuff.jpg

very nice! i better not let Rhino see this thread, he'll have cage envy! lol.

a small suggestion: i'd consider stretching a hammock (you might need a double size one) across the middle of the cage, halfway up, just to ensure your furbutts don't miss a ledge in their jumping and fall the full height of the cage.

Thanks everyone. Yeah, I was kinda worried they might fall. When they were first experimenting I thought one would break a leg or something from the top ledge. I was like,"NO! Don't do it! Don't jump!" One did, of course, jump; he was fine, but he won't jump from up there again. They actually navigate their ledges very well (like running down stairs). I do want to put something in the middle in case one may fall.

I seriously thought one of them was dead, laying on his side on the wooden ledge. They've had a temporary wire cage since I just got them recently, and it was obviously not as comfortable. They finally stretch out and lay down (oh boy are they going to LOVE their new fleece!), yay!

Love your cage!! The fleece stuff is very cute too!

nice cage. they are gonna have a blast in there. love the colors on the fleece.

i agree with chinnymom tho, definitely get a nice hammock in there somewhere or something in the middle. thats a pretty good drop if one slips.

Latest posts

Back